Monday, December 21, 2009

...Finding Money in Your Pocket. (#5)

NUMBER FIVE: Finding money in your pocket.

It doesn't matter if it's one dollar or a wad of cash, the feeling is still the exact same right at the beginning. You push your hands into your jean or coat pockets, ready to face the day, and you feel something...You feel something paper-y and something with the consistency of money. No, it's not, you tell yourself, not wanting to get your own hopes up. Oh, but it is.

Of course, finding a wad of assorted bills is going to be the most thrilling. You're going to flip through it wondering what bill is coming next. Is it another $1? $5? $10? Dare I say, a $20? Or maybe even a $50? Lets be honest with each other though, has anyone ever found a $100 bill in their pocket before? Besides this dude in the picture. I'm just sayin'. Heck, I'm stoked if it's anything higher than a $1. Although, I'm still pretty stoked for anything, being the college student that I am.

And then the possibilities surface. Now you have enough money for a 6'' sub from Subway. You have enough money to buy John Mayer's new album. You have enough money to gas up your car. You have enough money to pay your cell phone bill! Of course, the possibilities are usually pretty endless. But still, you stand there with your mouth partly hanging open because you can't for the life of you remember WHY you left this money in your pocket.

You know, when I was younger I'd leave money in my pockets all the time precisely for this reason: It's so AWESOME to find money in your pockets later! Firstly, bad decision. I lost a lot of money because I lost a lot of stuff as a small child. Secondly, bad decision. I washed many a dollar in my time, and finders keepers. But of course it was very rewarding (and still is) to find money in my pockets. Can I just get an amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment