Thursday, December 24, 2009

...Long Walks. (#8)


NUMBER EIGHT: Long walks for no reason. Serious bonus points if it’s raining.

I'm quite partial to long walks. However, I'm only partial to them if a) I have no where to be later in the day (I don't like feeling rushed on a walk), and b) if it's a little bit chilly outside.

I like to be able to take my time on walks, especially if I'm walking with someone. Who knows what we're going to talk about, but if I think of something important then I need time to bring it up. You can't just force something important on someone within 10 minutes of your walking. Also, it helps if it's colder because that means you can walk farther. If it's super hot you're not going to want to continue walking, you're going to want to park it in the shade and not move until the temperature drops. If it's at least a little cool, you can go longer.

And the bonus points about raining? Definitely. I know a lot of people are probably like gross a walk in the rain, but it's actually super peaceful because there's usually not a lot of people out and something about the rain helps me clear my mind and think more clearly (sorry for the excessive clear-ness of the sentence).

No comments:

Post a Comment