Thursday, December 17, 2009

...Rain. (#1)

First of all, let it be known that these are entirely from my perspective and you may or may not agree with me. That's not my problem. My problem is trying to express how awesome each and every thing I list is. I know that you're not going to agree 100% with everything I list, but I'm going to try and persuade you. Really, I am.

Okay, NUMBER ONE. Rain, in it's entirety.

I can surely say that most people will immediately oppose this one, but then I also know that there are a few people who share this same love with me. Thank you if you are one of those few. You will know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about that feeling you get (well, I get), when you wake up in the morning and you can hear the rain outside. Yes! Automatically means it's going to be a good day. There's nothing I like more...well there isn't really anything I like much more than walking in the rain. I'm not talking miles upon miles of walking in the rain, you're just asking for hypothermia then. I'm saying how nice is a walk in your raincoat, especially if you're with a good friend? Some of my favorite memories involve walking and rain.

In addition to rain's beauty, how awesome does it smell?! The answer is simply this: really awesome. Seriously I actually can't think of any time I've been unhappy that it's raining. Yeah, it's a little cold sometimes but it's pretty easy to get warm. And what about the sound rain makes when it hits a tin roof!? If you are a rain-hater then you need to go to Koa Tao, Thailand in the middle of July and just chill out. Go sit on a bungalow deck during a rain storm and just watch it (see photo, that is on location Thailand). Then, and maybe only then, will you truly grasp the beauty that rain really is.

So many people associate rain with dismal and depressing things. Maybe what you need is a new outlook! Sure, you get a little wet if you get caught in the rain. But hey, you get a little wet when you get caught in the shower. There really is no difference. I mean, besides temperature, but that's something you can get over. You lived in water for 9 months and you liked it then. Bet you never thought about that did you? Yes, you actually lived and survived purely in water for 9 whole months (well, close enough). What's wrong with rain? Absolutely nothing.

Some awesome songs that involve rain: Raining on Sunday by Keith Urban, Rainin' You by Brad Paisley & Forget About The Rain by Trapt.

No comments:

Post a Comment