Tuesday, January 12, 2010

...Driving Down a Gravel Road. (#15)

NUMBER FIFTEEN: Driving down a gravel road. The way the tires kick up the rocks and noises that are produced.

You know when you're out driving down some back country road and it switches from dirt to gravel? Just that noise! Gravel roads remind me of camping trips with my dad in his red 1955 Ford pickup truck that we named "Blue". The back of the truck was weighed down with camping gear, but because the cab only sat three people, sometimes dad would let me sit in the back when he drove down the backroads.

There's a picture of me somewhere, when I'm sitting in the back of the truck and my hands are in the air and I look like I'm having the time of my life. Probably because I was. Some of my favorite memories have to do with that old truck and some of those backcountry [gravel] roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment